Program by the Sea Learning Center
Our Indonesian non-profit learning centers at Program by the Sea, were established in 2008 in two small fishing villages in the region of Karangasem, at the eastern part of Bali.
The volunteer’s accommodation is located next to the learning center in Tianyar. It is located 20 mins from world famous dive site village of Tulamben, 40 mins from diving village Amed and 1.5 hours from Lovina. Ubud is a 2.5hrs hours drive from this location.
The volunteer’s accommodation in Seraya is also located next to the learning center. Seraya is located 1.15hrs mins from the diving village of Amed and is 1hr from Candidasa. Ubud is a 2.5hrs hours drive from this location.
The volunteer’s accommodation at both locations are clean and friendly environments, where the volunteers call home for their time with us.
Both volunteer’s accommodation at each learning center is located 100m – 200m from the beach where volunteers can enjoy swimming, snorkeling and watching the fisherman bringing in their catch early in the mornings.
What is provided at the volunteer’s accommodation in Tianyar and Seraya?
- At the learning center in Tianyar we 3 guesthouses and at the learning center in Seraya we have 2 guesthouses which accommodates 8 to 10 volunteers at each location at one time.
- Volunteers share a room with 1 other same sex volunteer during their volunteering placement.
- Private western style bathroom
- Clean western style toilet and shower
- Ceiling Fans
- Bed sheets provided.
- Free onsite Wi-Fi access at the guesthouse. (Please bring your laptop).
- Laundry service (extra volunteer cost)
- Tour service (extra volunteer cost)
- Motor bike or bicycle rental (extra volunteer cost)
- Toiletries (soaps, shampoos and toilet paper extra volunteer cost)
All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) are provided on teaching days (Monday to Friday).
- Tomato or vegetable omelet
- Toast bread
- Scramble egg
- Fresh fruit
- Tea or coffee
- Fruit juice is available for all meals at an extra charge (Rp10,000, depending on the season)
Fried rice, fried noodle or gado gado (vegetarian) or noodle soup and many more dishes.
rice + saté chicken or deep fried chicken / rice + deep fried fish or fish saté or gado gado and many more dishes.