Yayasan Widya Sari is a Balinese founded and Indonesian registered Non-Profit organization (‘Yayasan’), where 100% of funds raised go directly back into sustaining our learning centers, employing local staff, and providing our children with the opportunity of Sponsorship and free education. With the help of volunteer teachers, we are able to assist the children of our region in obtaining the skills and confidence that will in turn help them to support themselves and their families in this rapidly changing world.
Past volunteers have chosen to join us at Program By the Sea and Program Ubud Village as they felt secure in knowing their funds went back into a program run solely by the Balinese people. No middle agents have profited from our volunteers or from the needs of our children.
- The Program Fee is a fixed total amount due only in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) and is affective from 1st January 2022. Other exchange rates like the Euros €, British Pound GBP £, Australian AUD$ and other currencies may vary on a daily bases. To check the current exchange rate with the Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), please refer to exchanges rates: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/
What your Program Fee includes:
- Your shared volunteer’s accommodation at home stay accommodation at Program by the Sea or Program Ubud Village (Maximum of 4 same sex volunteers in each room. Couples can share the same room).
- Transportation with our driver from Denpasar International Airport to Tianyar in Bali (Tianyar location only for Program by the Sea volunteers).
- Local support during your placement from Komang, Sukma and their staff at each program.
- Program by the Sea all your volunteer’s meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) are provided from Monday through Friday.
- Program Ubud Village breakfast is included everyday during your placement. (please note: lunch and dinner is not included)
- Wi-i access is available onsite at the both the volunteer’s accommodation at Program by the Sea and Program Ubud Village.
- A Volunteering Certificate is presented to you by Yayasan Widya Sari on your last volunteering teaching day.
What expenses are not included in your Program Fee:
- Airfares and all transportation to arrival at Denpasar International airport.
- Your travel health insurance (make sure insurance covers you for Sth-East Asia.
- Visa costs for Indonesia (possible visa extensions) and vaccinations
- Personal expenses like your tours and weekend meals
- Your Transport to Denpasar Airport or other location at end of your volunteering placement.
Volunteer Accommodation & Meals
This includes the volunteers home stay accommodation and daily meal costs during their placement period. Transportation costs are also included in this segment.
This includes all teaching material for each project such as teacher’s workbooks, computer & printer supplies, books, folders, pens, paper, as well as additional teaching aids for ongoing curriculum development.
Balinese Center’s Staff Costs
This includes 24/7 support from local Balinese staff, program marketing costs, social visa sponsorship, administration costs, communication costs with volunteers.
Children’s Scholarship Fund
Children’s Scholarship Fund expands the educational opportunity by providing scholarships to families in need so children can attend university or vocational college.
Terms and Conditions
- Age Requirement: 18 years to 35 years. Please note, we will only accepted volunteers aged to 55 years old at Program Special Needs.
- Language: A good knowledge of the English language and clear conversational skills.
- Volunteering Experience: Not required, however previous experience with teaching children is an advantage.
- Volunteer Program Fees: Payment needs to be made before the volunteer starts his or her volunteering period. If a volunteer decides to leave their placement for any reason prior to the date specified, no refunds can be made.
- Once you have been accepted into your volunteer placement, you can make full payment of your Program Fee with a bank to bank transfer or pay your full amount on your Sunday Program Orientation day in Bali, Indonesia. Full payment during your Program Orientation is our preferred option.
- The volunteer will be refunded 100% of their Program Fee if they notify us of their cancellation their volunteer placement 60 days before their placement starts. Please note, transaction costs are at the expense of the applicant.
- The total fixed amount of the Program Fee is in Indonesian Rp.
- A volunteer can provide their own accommodation during their volunteering placement, but your Program Fee will not be reduced.
- Our Bali volunteer coordinator reserves the right to relocate a volunteer to another program due to the program needs at each learning center. Volunteers will be notified during their Sunday Program Orientation in Ubud, Bali if a move is required.
- A volunteer ‘Code of Conduct’ is required to be signed by each volunteer during their Sunday Program Orientation. A copy will be provided in their pre-arrival kit, emailed to each confirmed volunteer before their arrival.
- Insurance: Volunteers must purchase Travel Insurance for Southeast Asia before their arrival into Bali.
- Your Social Visa sponsor reserves the right not to extend your Social Visa after your volunteering placement has completed.
Volunteer Application Process
1) Complete our Volunteer Application Form:
Fill out the application form. After receiving this we will assess your suitability and place you in one of our programs.
2) Volunteer Placement information on Approval:
We will email you a pre-arrival kit on information on your volunteer placement and details on how to make your program fee payment.
3) Payment of Program Fee:
Once you have been accepted into your volunteer placement, you can make full payment of your Program Fee with a bank to bank transfer. We will send you the invoice via email.
Once you have made your traveling arrangements you should email your time of arrival into Denpasar International Airport and we will confirm your driver pickup.
Volunteer Fundraising for your volunteering placement
Fund raising can be set up to help support the students with school supplies, sponsorship for further education or for your volunteering trip itself, Yayasan Widya Sari recommends using volunteerforever.com or gofundme.com for your volunteer fundraising in Bali, Indonesia.